"You might say that certain words are only pegs to hang intonations on."
- John and Joseph will be running a review session in 310 Soda Hall at 5:00 on Sunday.
- Assignment 9 is up, and it was last updated on Wednesday at 10:18 p.m.
You have a week to finish it, and then until the 13th to get in a10 (or your project).
- Your final paper (assignment 10) has been posted. Since
assignment 9 won't be posted till Tuesday, make sure you start a10 now. The papers you need to
read are very long.
- Joseph has posted his class notes from the semester
(to be updated periodically) under the notes sections.
- Prof. Narayanan will hold a special tutorial on Bayes Nets on Tuesday evening from 6:00
to 7:00 in 306 Soda. All are encouraged to attend.
- The metaphor lectures (Tuesday of last week) have been posted.
- Assignment 7 is posted.
- Hey non-comp people! You may be having trouble with the java path for the verb-learn
program. Here's a workaround
- Here're a few hints on the computational
version of a6.
- The latest slides from section and lecture have been posted.
- The next assignment (6) has been posted, in both its
computational and non-computational
forms. It's not due until April 3rd, but it would be a big mistake not to start
- The midterms will be handed back in section on the ides of March, in your discussion
- a5 has been posted. It's due on Tuesday.
- All the relevant lectures are now posted (and re-numbered). Note that lecture06 ("Brain imagining")
is new. Most of the assignment solutions have also been posted.
- The exam is on Tuesday, so come to class on time! Joseph's section slides have also been posted.
- Johno and Joe will hold a review session for the midterm at 6:00 p.m. in 310 Soda this
Monday, March 6th.
- Problem 3 in a4 was corrected on Sunday. In the new version, the Pulvermuller experiments
are referenced. Make sure you are using the latest version (use your brower's refresh
button in case you're using a cached version of the uncorrected one).
- Prof. Narayanan won't have office hours on Tuesday (2/28), but he'll be in on Thursday 11-12 and
- Assignment 4 is up. It's due on Friday.
- The code in TesterPart2 has been revised as of noon on 2/17. If you're doing
the computational assignment, please use the new one (accessible from the
old link) instead of the old one.
- There were a couple of sign errors in the longer backprop handout, now corrected.
(Thanks, Johno and Jeff.)
- Assingment 3 is now up, in both it's computational and
non-computational forms. The first part of the
computational version is due this Wednesday (2/15) and the second part the following
Wednesday (2/22). We strongly advise you to get started early on it, since
it's been known to take quite awhile.
- Tlearn access on pulsar, etc. has been restored.
- The backprop handout has been posted in the Notes
- Joseph's office hours are now being held in 2 Evans (moved from 65 Evans).
- Some of the CS servers have been experiencing problems since about 8:00 pm on Tuesday 2/7,
resulting in tlearn's no longer being accessible from pulsar, quasar, star, et al.
Therefore, if you're still working on a2 or you're doing the non-computational version
of a3 (it also involves tlearn), log into cory.eecs.berkeley.edu.
- There's a quiz in class on Tuesday.
- a2 has been posted. It's due on Monday.
- The second assignment
is due on Monday at midnight.