Office Hours: M 11-12 and Th 1-2pm, location: 687 Soda, or by appointment.
Daisy Zhe Wang
|Ofc. Hr.:||Fri 2-3pm, 551 Soda|
|Section:||Wed 2-3pm, 70 Evans||
|Ofc. Hr.:||Fri 10-11, 551 Soda|
|Section:||Wed 3-4pm, 241 Cory||
|Ofc. Hr.:||Wed 10-11, 551 Soda|
|Section:||Wed 11-12, 70 Evans|
News and Announcements:
It is your responsibility to check the ucb.class.cs186 newsgroup
and the class blog frequently. If you have any trouble accessing
the class' newsgroup from home, use the university's Authenticated Usenet Service.
Database Management Systems 3rd Edition by Ramakrishnan and Gehrke.
Notes on grading (please read):
- Homework/Project Assignments: 40% of semester grade. Breakdown on projects page.
- Mid-term 1: 30% of the exams grade.
- Mid-term 2: 30% of the exams grade.
- Final Exam: 40% of the exams grade.
- The percentages are subject to change as circumstances dictate.
Since exams are the main indicators we have of individual grasp
of the material, we reserve the right to adjust final letter grades
based on exam performance. In particular, students who do not
achieve a passing average on the exams will not receive a passing grade
in the class.