- [12/16/10] There is one extra office hour today (Thursday) 1pm-2pm in 711 Soda.
- [12/15/10] Solutions to W3 are in 283 Soda.
- [12/10/10] Final review sessions are scheduled: Tuesday 12/14 at noon in 105 Stanley, Wednesday 12/15, 2pm in 1 LeConte.
- [12/8/10] Final prep page is up! Some info still TBD. ALL FUTURE OHs now follow the schedule listed there.
- [12/7/10] Arjun's office hours on Tuesday, 12/7 are moved to 1pm-2pm, same location (711 Soda).
- [12/2/10] No section tomorrow (Friday). Review sessions will be next week and the next.
- [12/2/10] Final contest results have been posted. You can check the
achievements your bot earned here.
- [11/29/10] We have decided to award +1 extra credit point on the
final for the top 5 ranking teams in the nightly tournament (instead
of the top 3). Good luck coding this week!
- [11/27/10] Due to space issues, only the last 7 days worth of
contest replays will be kept available for download. You will still be able to browse the
results and achievements for every nightly tournament we have run.
- [11/23/10] Jon's office hours on Wednesday, 11/24 have been moved to 4pm-5pm.
- [11/23/10] Jie's office hours on Wednesday, 11/24 are cancelled.
- [11/21/10] We're adjusting requirements so that you can now drop your lowest project grade. Good luck with the contest!
- [11/21/10] Project 5 is now live! The due date was originally
12/1, but we're extending it to 12/9 to make room for the contest.
- [11/19/10] The autograder system was experiencing issues last
night. Autograder feedback was delayed as much as 14 hours. In
response, we are granting an additional slip day to everyone, and
you may use up to 3 slip days on p4. See the newsgroup for
- [11/16/10] Written 3 is up! Due 11/23. Note that q3 is practice only.
- [11/16/10] If you have ideas for new achievements to track,
please submit them
- [11/15/10] Check out tonight's contest achievements page. You
can use this page to track the top 20, 10, 3 finishes, as well as
the head-to-head staff agent matchups. The achievements page will be
linked from the nightly contest results page. In addition, we'll be
introducing a few additional achievements which you can earn for more
final extra credit. The first, Staff Domination, is awarded for
defeating all 5 staff agents head to head in a single nightly
tournament, and will give you +0.5 more points on the final.
- [11/13/10] The autograder and contest submission system was down
earlier today because we ran out of disk space on cory. This is now
fixed. Please resubmit if you tried to submit p4 but received a nonsense autograder
email, or if you tried to submit a contest entry but it has not
shown up on the contest submissions page. Apologies for any inconvenience!
- [11/10/10] No class Thursday. No section either Thursday or Friday. OHs Friday, but not Thursday.
- [11/9/10] Contest
has been posted! See the page for important dates and details. You
can check on your team at the submissions page, or see the results
of the nightly tournaments.
- [11/04/10] P4: Ghostbusters: Tracking and Particle Filtering has been posted! Due Wednesday 11/17.
- [10/30/10] Solutions to the Fall 2010 Midterm are now posted!
- [10/26/10] Good luck on the exam tonight! Remember that there is no lecture today.
- [10/25/10] Prof Klein's OHs are in 240 SDH today, at the normal time (3-4:30).
- [10/22/10] Graded W1s and solutions are in 283 Soda.
- [10/18/10] Upcoming midterm review session (2 of 2): Su 10/24, 12-2pm in 105 North Gate (Dan)
- [10/18/10] Upcoming midterm review session (1 of 2): Th 10/21, 5-7pm in 105 North Gate (Dan)
- [10/18/10] Upcoming review session (1 of 3): MDPs: Tuesday 10/7, 7-9pm in 120 Latimer (Dan)
- [10/18/10] David's Tuesday office hours are permanently moving to 2-3 in Soda 283E.
- [10/17/10] Midterm prep page is up! Some info still TBD.
- [10/14/10] Written 2 is up! Due 10/21.
- [10/13/10] There was a minor autograder issue tonight which led
to some long delays (up to 3 hours) before the autograder email was
sent. We have added 4 hours grace when calculating slip days to
compensate. See the newsgroup for details.
- [10/14/10] Review session today (3 of 3): Probability: Th 10/14, 7-9pm in 120 Latimer (Dan)
- [10/06/10] Upcoming review session (2 of 3): MDPs (same material): Tu 10/12, 8-10pm in 2050 VLSB (David)
- [10/06/10] Upcoming review session (1 of 3): MDPs: Tuesday 10/7, 7-9pm in 120 Latimer (Dan)
- [10/06/10] P3 due date moved to 10/13 to avoid conflict with CS 170 midterm.
- [10/06/10] Please disregard recent emails from the P2 autograder. See the newsgroup for details.
- [10/02/10] Dan's office hours have changed to: Monday 3-4:30pm, Thursday 2-3:30pm, still all in 730 SDH.
- [10/01/10] The autograder was temporarily down tonight. We have added 2 hours grace when calculating slip days to compensate. See the newsgroup for details.
- [9/30/10] P3: Reinforcement Learning has been posted! Due Tu 10/12.
- [9/21/10] David's office hours for Tuesday, September 28 will be from 3:30-4:30 instead of the usual 3-4.
- [9/16/10] P2: Multi-Agent Pacman due date has been extended to Th 9/30.
- [9/21/10] Dan's office hours for Tuesday, September 21 will be in SDH 240 instead of SDH 730
- [9/20/10] Written 1 is up! Due 9/28.
- [9/16/10] P2: Multi-Agent Pacman has been posted! Due Wed 9/29!
- [9/14/10] P1 deadline moved back one day to 9/15 due to recent newsgroup and server outages.
- [9/11/10] Newsgroups are temporarily down. Inst/CSUA are aware of the issue, but we don't currently know when it will go up again. For the time being, please send any emails to the staff list.
- [9/04/10] Solutions for the Section 2 handout have been posted.
- [9/07/10] Adam's office hours for Thursday, September 16 are cancelled
- [9/06/10] Webcasts are now available! Check your email for the user/pass, which should not be posted or distributed publicly.
- [9/06/10] Solutions for the self-diagnostic are up.
- [9/06/10] No GSI office hours on Labor Day. Next OHs are Prof. Klein's on 9/7.
- [9/04/10] Solutions for the Section 1 handout have been posted.
- [8/31/10] P1: Search has been posted! Due Tu 9/14, but start early!
- [8/31/10] Self-diagnostic is up!
- [8/27/10] Didn't get an account form? We'll have more in the drop-in labs (MW 3-5 in Soda 275) and in lecture Tuesday. You can work through P0 up to submission without them, too.
- [8/26/10] Questions? See the information page. The newsgroup and staff emails are great places to start.
- [8/26/10] Python tutorial drop-in lab times: M 3-5 and W 3-5 in Soda 275. You can arrive and leave as you like; the tutorial should only take an hour or two at most. You must complete the tutorial, but you may complete it at home if you choose.
- [8/26/10] P0: The Python tutorial is posted. It is due Wednesday, 9/1 at 11:59pm (it's short!)
- [8/25/10] There will NOT be sections the first week. Sections begin on 9/2. You are free to sit in any section with space, but have priority in your own.
- [8/24/10] Welcome to CS188! This webpage is currently being updated for the new semester and may contain some outdated information.