Spring 2015 materials
- John R. Garman, "The Bug Heard 'round the World,"
ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, Vol 6 No 5, Oct 1981
- Nancy Leveson, "Medical Devices: The Therac-25,"
Safeware: System Safety and Computers, Adison-Wesley, 1995
- Queuing Theory References
- Fast FileSystem:
- A Fast File System for UNIX. M. McKusick, W. Joy, S. Leffler, and R. Fabry. ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, Vol 2, No 3, August 1984, Pages 181-197
- Distributed Systems: RPC
- Distributed Systems: NFS
- End-to-End Design
- Van Jacobson's
- The Byzantine Generals Problem. Leslie Lamport, Robert Shostak, and Marshall Pease. ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, Vol 4, No. 3, July 1982, Pages 382-401
- Smart Sensors to Network the World
- Experience with processes and monitors in Mesa.
- Dyanmo: Amazon's Highly Available Key-value Store
- Chord: A scalable peer-to-peer lookup service for internet applications