CS184 AS4: Raycaster and Shader
DUE DATE: Sunday February 20th, 11:00pm
To be done individually!
Find the instructions for this assignment in PDF for here
, in original LaTeX here.
To submit this project, all of the following needs to be done by the deadline:
- Submit using the submit as4 command on the INST machines:
- A copy of your code, including the whole framework, the compiles on the platform you developed on.
- A README.txt containing: Your name, SID, Login and a description of the platform your code compiles on.
images generated by your raytracer. The two images should be of the same given scene. The first image should be the default setup, the second image should be one with different material properties, varied as we explain in the detailed instructions by using your mouse to manipulate roughness and metalness.
- Put on your class instructional website:
- A separate page for this assignment.
- On this page, the two images you are turning in.
The grader should ONLY have to open your .sln file and press F5 to build and run your solution.
The grader should ONLY have to run make with the appropriate makefile to build your project. Thus, for Mac and Linux
and for solaris
The submit program retains the directory structure of what you send it.
Thus, we recommend making a new directory for your assignment on the
server, cd'ing into that directory, copying the whole framework with
your code into this directory, and running
yes | submit as4
to easily submit the whole project to us.
See the Framework
Use version 4 of the framework for this assignment.
For convenience, here is the reference image from the pdf, but with a black background: