- [5/22/10] The contributions to your total are: 15% writtens, 30% projects, 20% midterm, 35% final. (Up to 2% extra credit based on class participation. Extra credit was also added to some students' final scores based upon final contest results.) To compute your semester total, you can use the following formula: total = (.01*P0/2+.15/7*W1/21+.29/5*P1/20+.15/7*W2/22+.29/5*P2/20+.15/7*W3/18+.29/5*P3/25+.15/7*W4/25+.2*M/100+.15/7*W5/20+.15/7*W6/16+.29/5*P4/25+.15/7*W7/23+.29/5*P5/25+.35*F/100)*100; After setting P0,P1,P2,P3,P4,P5 to your project scores, W1,W2,W3,W4,W5,W6,W6 to your written scores, M to your midterm score, and F to your final score. Mean: 70.24, median: 72.27, std: 11.47, max: 95.19, histogram. The fixed scale cut-offs for grades ended up resulting in rather low grades, so we adjusted the cut-offs to A+: 95, A:81.84; A-:77.12; B+: 72.27; B: 67.07; ; B-: 64.45; C+: 57.85; C: 52.8; C-: 40; D+: 35; D: 30.
- [5/17/10] Finals have been graded and grades are available through glookup. Mean: 51.3, median: 51, std: 13.8, max: 92, histogram.
- [5/12/10] Both Jie's (2-3pm) and Pieter's (3-4pm) office hours today will be held on the 7th floor of Sutardja Dai Hall, by Jeremy.
- [5/6/10] Final prep page is up. The final exam will be held from 3-6pm in 120 Latimer
- [5/3/10] Unclaimed written assignments and midterms can be found in Soda 283.
- [5/3/10] Office hours week of May 3-7: Woody and Alex only.
- [4/22/10] P5: Classification has been posted! Due Thursday 4/29.
- [4/16/10] W7: Naive Bayes and Perceptrons is up, due 4/22.
- [4/14/10] Section 11 solutions updated: random numbers a5 and a6 have been swapped.
- [4/13/10] The final contest is on! Tournaments will be run nightly, starting at 11pm. Details regarding prizes will be announced later.
- [4/7/10] P4: Tracking has been posted! Due Thursday 4/15.
- [4/5/10] Jeremy's office hours are cancelled today.
- [4/2/10] W6: Sampling and HMMs is up, due 4/8.
- [3/25/10] W5: Bayes nets is up, due 4/1.
- [3/21/10] Midterms have been graded and grades are available through glookup. Mean: 69.7, median: 70, std: 13.8, max: 98.5, histogram.
- [3/11/10] Midterm prep page is up.
- [3/10/10] Updated project 2 mini-contest results posted
- [3/5/10] Probability review session video posted
- [3/4/10] W4: MDPs and Probability is up, due 3/11.
- [3/3/10] We fixed an autograder issue for P3 earlier this
afternoon. If you are receiving the error
argument required on problem 1, please resubmit your
- [3/2/10] Grades for project 2 are out. Note: the winners of the mini-contest will be posted soon (mini-contest extra credits will also be assigned soon)
- [3/2/10] Probability review session Wednesday 3/3/2010, 7:30pm-9:30pm in 306 Soda.
- [3/2/10] Section 6 handout is up.
- [2/25/10] P3:
Reinforcement Learning has been posted! Due Thu 3/4, but start early!
- [2/22/10] Erratum: Minor clarifications
to W3: Expectimax & Utility question 2:
Question 2 uses the rules for cs188-Blackjack defined at the start of
question 1. Question 2e is best solved numerically.
- [2/20/10] Erratum: On written 2, question 1d, R2 should be crossed out of the domain of AF1. If you lost points for correctly crossing this out, please bring your written to Woody in lecture.
- [2/19/10] The midterm is confirmed for March 18, 6-9pm, 0010 Evans
- [2/19/10] W3: Expectimax & Utility is up, due 2/25.
- [2/16/10] On project 1 if you lost points for "q5,6 terminated with exception", this is our mistake. Please standby for an updated grade in glookup.
- [2/16/10] Erratum: in the solutions of assignment 1: Q2.d should be n/V instead of n/v (capitalize v), and the counter example of Q2.c should read "For example, the agent could be 6 squares away from the goal state (in the left loop say, after doing the loop at the right at least once) at velocity 4."
- [2/16/10] Section 4 Handout is up. Reminder: GSI's will go through the solution of the first problem at the beginning of section. We encourage you to look at question 1 prior to section. The handouts will be available for pickup in lecture.
- [2/12/10] We reserved Soda 271 on Wednesday Feb 17 from 4 to 6. One of the GSI's will
periodically drop in to see if he can provide any
clarifications/assistance. It's a great opportunity to meet other
students who might still be looking for a partner.
- [2/11/10] P2: Multi-agent Pacman has been posted! Due Thu 2/18, but start early!
- [2/8/10] Section 3 Handout is up. This week GSI's will go through the solution of the first problem at the beginning of section. We encourage you to look at question 1 prior to section. The handouts will be available for pickup in lecture.
- [2/8/10] We have made a few changes to question 2 of Written 2 to improve clarity. Please download the updated version.
- [2/5/10] W2: CSP's and Game Trees is up, due 2/11.
- [2/4/10] Clarification: Slip days are counted at the granularity of days, rounded up to the nearest day.
- [2/1/10] Jeremy's office hours are cancelled today (for this week only). They will be rescheduled for later in the week.
- [1/26/10] Lecture videos now available on the Lectures page.
- [1/26/10] P1: Search has been posted! Due Thu 2/4, but start early!
- [1/22/10] A few cosmetic changes to W1 were made (such as including the point distribution). All links on the webpage link to this latest version.
- [1/21/10] W1: Search is up, due 1/28.
- [1/21/10] Python tutorial drop-in lab times: M 1/24 2-3pm and W 1/26 4-5pm in Soda 271. You can arrive and leave as you like; the tutorial should only take an hour or two at most. You must complete the tutorial, but you may complete it at home if you choose.
- [1/21/10] P0: The Python tutorial is posted. It is due Thursday, 1/28 at 11:59pm (it's short!)
- [1/20/10] The 4th section has been announced. Times and days for all sections are on the Course Info page.
- [1/20/10] The final exam slot for this class is 5/13/10, 3-6pm. See here for for the exam schedule for all courses. [There was a typo on the originally posted Lecture 1 slides and the originally posted lecture schedule. Both have been fixed.]
- [1/17/10] Sections will start in week 2. You are free to sit in any section with space, but have priority in your own.
- [1/17/10] Welcome to CS188! Check back for updates in the next few weeks. This webpage is currently under modernization for the new semester and may contain some outdated information.