Optional Contest: Hog Strategy
A strategy is
A single function that makes
Ten thousand choices.
This contest is completely optional!
Download a blank
hog_contest.py file and simple tests for correct formatting
as a zip archive. Type
python3 ok to run the provided tests.
hog_contest.py file containing a function called
final_strategy and a
python3 ok --submit
Each submitted strategy will play against all other submissions. We will exactly compute the expected win rate for each player, so that the outcome of this tournament will be determined by strategy alone and not the roll of the dice. A submission scores a match point each time it has an expected win rate above 50.0001%. We will rank submissions based on the number of matches they won. Ties count as losses.
The top three submissions will earn the following:
- First place gets 3 points of extra credit
- Second place gets 2 points of extra credit
- Third place gets 1 point of extra credit
Winners will also be publicly recognized in future iterations of 61A!
The contest will use exactly the same Hog special rules as Project 1.
Some additional contest rules:
- The contest may be entered individually or in pairs. Two people submit a single entry (make sure you register each other as partners on okpy.org). Each person in the course can only be associated with at most one entry.
- All strategies must be deterministic, pure functions of the current player scores! Non-deterministic strategies or strategies based on the history of the game will be disqualified.
- Calling your
final_strategyfunction on every possible pair of scores should take less than 10 seconds. The provided tests check for this.