We are very excited to teach you this fall! Please contact course staff if you have any logistical questions or concerns. Otherwise feel free to email any of the staff members below.
Teaching Assistants (TAs), also known as Graduate/Undergraduate Student Instructors (GSIs), focus their teaching efforts on a particular component of the course, such as sections, exam prep, or walkthrough videos. Head TAs additionally manage a broader component of the course, such as logistics, content, software, office hours, etc.
Head of Students + DSPpatriciaouyang@berkeley.edu
- ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
Head of Logisticsvanshaj@berkeley.edu
- Hello hello! I'm a junior majoring in computer science & data science. When I'm not studying or teaching, I'm most likely starting yet another side project just to learn something new. Either way, there's probably some music playing in the background (my monthly playlist's usually at imvs.me/s/mvp)!
- Hi everyone! I'm Cyrus, and I'm a third-year Computer Science major and Data Science minor from San Jose, CA. Outside of the classroom, catch me watching all things sports-related (go Dubs/Niners/Giants/Sharks!), attempting and failing to make all kinds of recipes, and answering Piazza questions.
- questions are a start,
answers might prompt new questions -
a loop of learning!
- Hi! I'm a fourth-year CS + Econ major from Sacramento, CA. Recently, I've been enjoying watching reality tv, kickboxing, and trying new foods! Looking forward to meeting all of you this semester!
- Hi! I'm working on course software this semester, so feel free to reach out to me regarding that. Or ask me anything about Scheme!
- Hi! My name is Richard. I'm a fourth year student from Los Gatos, California. I’m a Computer Science/Data Science major. I love skiing, cooking, and anything related to food. I’m excited to be teaching this semester!
- Name: Tim/Tu
Worst Text Editor/Framework: Vim/Vue
Favorite Slime: Rim/Uru
Who's Excited For 61A: Yes, I'm/Yes, you
- Hey, I’m Albert! I’m a senior studying CS from Davis, California. I came into 61A with no programming experience and completely switched my career path because of this class. Feel free to reach out about new-to-cs advice, internships, or anything you want. Looking forward to a great semester!
- Hi! I am a junior from China studying math and CS here at Berkeley. In my free time, I like to cook, read some books, and play some video games (mostly first-person shooters). I am super excited to teach 61A this semester, and feel free to talk to me about 61A, long email addresses, or more!
- Hey everyone! I'm a junior studying CS and Econ who's mildly addicted to Pav Bhaji, acoustic music and astronomy facts. I love talking about all things 61A and CS and Berkeley and life and internships and startups and whatever! I wanna help you out however I can. Email me, let's chat!
- Senior studying computer science looking to become the Classic Tetris World Champion. Feel free to reach out about anything course related or the hit game Genshin Impact (or most other things)!
- Hi everyone! I'm Chris, a junior studying CS + Statistics. I enjoy playing poker, basketball, flipping coins, and listening to music. I also like outdoorsy stuff like hiking, running, and swimming. Hope you enjoy 61A this fall!!
- Helloooo~ I'm Cindy and I am a senior from Taiwan studying Data Science and CS! C: Super heppy to be teaching 61A and very excited to meet y’all! Things I like: eating, cooking, taro, sweet potato, traveling, cats and anime and kdramas~
- Hi, I'm Connie! I'm a junior studying EECS from Thousand Oaks, California! This is my third semester on staff, and when I'm not attempting to cs, you can find me running, trying new recipes, or bullet journaling! Feel free to ask me anything and really looking forward to cs-ing with y'all :)
- Hey there! I'm a rising senior studying linguistics + cs! In my free time you can find me knitting/sewing/crafting, watching RuPaul's Drag Race, and playing with my cat Jellybean. I'm really excited to get to teach y'all this semester plz feel free to reach out to me about absolutely anything!
- Hello! I'm a third-year CS major born and raised in the Bay Area. I love cats and also forcing everyone in my vicinity to discuss inane topics such as whether or not cereal is a soup and whether or not the water in my hometown is making people short.
- Hello! My name is George, my pronouns are he/him and I am a senior CS student from Chicago, Illinois. In my free time, I enjoy playing video/board games and cooking. I absolutely loved taking 61A as a student, and hope that you all do as well!
Gurkaran Singh Goindi
- Hey, I'm Gurkaran! I'm a senior studying CS, from Delhi, India. I love reading about history (preferably post WWI), stocks, and economic policy in general. Super excited to introduce you all to the amazing world of CS! Feel free to email me if you have any questions about 61A, Cal or anything else!
- Stop Dreamin' Start Schemin'
- Hey there, I’m a senior studying CS, Math and Music from Toronto, Canada. In my free time you might see me trying to cook stuff(and failing). If I'm not doing that, I'm probably playing clash royale & honor of kings, drinking boba, and collecting perfume. Looking forward to know y’all!
- Hello! I'm Jessica, a senior from Fremont, CA. When not studying in Moffitt, I enjoy hiking, swimming, and hanging out in SF. I'm really excited to teach 61A this fall and I hope you all have a great experience! Feel free to reach out anytime, I'd love to chat with you!
- hello! i enjoy taking walks at night, and i'm a gamepigeon word hunt fiend (my high score is 58600; if you can beat that—with proof!—i'll give you a cookie). please feel free to ask me about anything and everything!
- Hey! I'm Jordan, and I'm a sophomore from the Bay Area. In addition to teaching, I like to bullet journal, listen to records, bake, and watch Netflix. I'm super excited to be TA-ing for CS61A again this semester! Feel free to reach out to me anytime for anything :)
- Hello! I'm a Senior studying computer science from LA. Super excited to be teaching for 61a this semester. I'm a big fan of photography, cars, and listening to music. Feel free to reach out with questions about CS, Berkeley, or anything else on your mind. Looking forward to a great Fall semester!
- Hi guys, I'm Julie (she/her)! I am a Junior and a CS and MCB major. I love watching movies, eating spicy ramen, playing Minecraft and League, and drawing. I'm really excited to be ta-ing 61a this fall! Reach out to me if you wanna talk about 61a (or anything at all!).
- ello! I'm a rising Junior studying CS from Cupertino, CA. This is my 4th time with 61A staff, and I'm excited to (potentially) work with y'all in-person! In my free time, I enjoy swimming, hiking, biking, etc. I'm trying to go to as more concerts this semester, so hmu if you know of good ones!
- Hi there! My name's Kevin, and I'm a junior from Chicago interested in applying machine learning to biomedical research. Outside of academics, I am obsessed with anything music-related (especially jazz improvisation) and the outdoors! Super excited for finally being able to teach in person!
- Hello! I'm a third-year EECS student from Maryland. I like tetris, crosswords, and many more things too, so feel free to email me about anything you'd like! I'm always down to chat. :D
- Hi! I'm a sophomore from Australia majoring in CS. A few things I love are sourdough, beaches, and floristry! Here's my favourite and only CS joke: what do programmers and air conditioners have in common? Feel free to reach out for the answer or to chat about anything! (-:
- Hi everyone! I'm Marie, a junior from Los Angeles, California. I'm a Computer Science and Cognitive Science double major, and this is my fourth semester on CS 61A course staff. I love baking, playing video games, sewing, and watching baseball (go Dodgers!).
- Hello! I'm Mathilde (she/her) and I'm a senior studying EECS. I'm from Albany, California and in my free time, I love to read, swim, bake, and go on road trips around California. I love 61a and I'm thrilled to be teaching it this fall!
- howdy 🤠 i'm a fourth year cs major from san jose. in my free time i love to draw, play video games, and read. feel free to email me if you'd like to chat about anything. looking forward to meeting you all!
- Hi! I'm a rising junior majoring in computer science and cognitive science. When I'm not working, I'm probably watching asian dramas and bad reality TV, snacking, or listening to music. Feel free to reach out to me about anything, I'm so excited to meet you all!
- Hey! My name is Owen and I'm a 4th year CS + Math major from Omaha, Nebraska (extra credit if you know where that is without referencing a map). I enjoy making/listening to music, playing/following basketball, streaming/watching CS:GO, and using/unnecessary forward slashes
- Hello! I'm a second year EECS major from Maryland. In my free time, I love swimming, frisbee, league, music, and a lot more stuff! This is my second time teaching/TAing for 61A, and I'm looking forward to a great semester :) feel free to reach out to me about literally anything!
Rajamani Sarvesh Iyyappan
- Hello everyone! I am Rajamani Sarvesh Iyyappan, a fourth year CS major from Chennai, India. Feel free to reach out about anything and looking forward to a wonderful semester.
- hi im rohan. (shameless plug) I am also tech chair of CSM so I spend a lot of time coding edtech apps. email me if you wanna write code that has noticeable impacts on the CS education system at cal. Also about me lmao: really like ramen and coffee and teaching. join my section. we'll have a time !
- Hi! I'm Ruslana, and I'm a junior studying Computer Science. In my free time, I love to knit and crochet, watch fun movies, and do puzzles. I also dance on campus with Thrive Dance Company. I'm super excited to hang out with you all this semester. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
- Hello! I'm Ryan and I am a senior from San Jose, California. This is my third time teaching 61a and I am super excited to be doing so. Outside of CS, I like to play badminton and binge like literally anything, but especially sitcoms and dramas. Looking forward to meeting y'all this semester!
- Hello (: I am a PhD student doing research in Natural Language Processing (NLP) who likes learning languages (eg. Japanese), singing/listening to music (if you're curious: youtu.be/vce_N9yIFFQ&list=PL7bkkg2rE7qNA8BIqp_79y8fNNIsRIkdA), and playing board games. Hope you're excited for the course!
- Hey everyone! My name is Sean and I'm a current Senior majoring in CS and minoring in CS. I'm from San Jose and have lived in the Bay my entire life. In my free time I enjoy listening to music (porter robinson rn), hiking, and playing video games.
- Hi! I'm Serena, a junior studying EECS. I enjoy traveling, watching movies, and playing with my cat :) Looking forward to meeting you all!
- Hey! My name is Shaun and I am a third year Computer Science major from Southern California. One of my main hobbies is researching credit cards so I can earn as much free travel as possible. You can reach out and ask me questions literally anytime.
- Hey! I am a senior CS major from Kazakhstan (from where the first astronaut was launched to the space). Email me to chat about anything!