Hog Strategy Contest Rules
- The Hog strategy contest is completely optional!
- The contest may be entered individually or in pairs. Two people submit
a single entry. Each person in the course can only be associated with at
most one entry.
- The score for an entry is the number of times that entry has an
expected win rate of at least 50% against another entry. All entries will
be compared against one another.
- The secondary score is the sum of win rates against every other entry.
- An entry is a winner if its score is at least as high as any other
score, or if its secondary score is at least as high as any other.
We will use our best judgment in determining whether or not a submission
violates these constraints. If you are unsure if something is allowed, ask!
- All strategies must be deterministic, pure functions of the current
player scores! Non-deterministic strategies will be disqualified.
- A strategy should be self-contained, not requiring pre-computated
data. (You may use helper functions, however.)
- We will impose a reasonable time limit on the computation of your
- All winning entries will receive 2 points of extra credit.
- Winners will also be recognized in future iterations of 61A.
- Submission: Submit a file hog.py that defines a function called
final_strategy, as proj1contest, by Friday 2/22 @ 11:59pm.