We are very excited to teach you this spring! Please email course staff if you have any logistical questions or concerns. Otherwise feel free to email any of the staff members below.
Teaching Assistants (TAs), also known as Graduate/Undergraduate Student Instructors (GSIs), focus their teaching efforts on a particular component of the course, such as sections, exam prep, or walkthrough videos.
Abhinav Ashar (he/him/his)
- Hey everyone! I'm Abhinav, a fourth-year EECS + Business student from Houston, Texas, and this will be my 6th semester on course staff. I'm a huge basketball fan (KD’s #1 fan), love playing the clarinet, and know where to get the best mango lassi in Berkeley. Feel free to reach out and say hi!
Addison Chan (he/him/his)
- hello! feel free email or message me if you have any questions, or if you're just feeling overwhelmed! we'll figure it out together :') my name is addison, and i'm a third year cs/stats/math major from san jose. i love listening to chill edm vibes (shameless plug: go.addcnin.blue/spotify:f).
Alex Kassil (he/him/his)
- EMAIL ME IF YOU WANNA CHAT! I wanna answer your questions so email me about ANYTHING. I just graduated from Berkeley with a CS degree in 3 years, and am coming back for a masters. Ask about classes to take, how to find internships freshman year or after, how to not do breadths at Cal, and more!!
Amrita Palaparthi (she/her/hers)
- Hi everyone! I'm an EECS major from San Jose, CA. Apart from teaching, I enjoy singing, photography, cool plants, re-watching movies, and trying new kinds of food. Looking forward to meeting you all, and feel free to reach out! (she/her)
Caitlin Phan (she/her/hers)
- Hullo! looking forward to (zoom) meeting and cs-ing with y'all! If I’m not sleeping or busy with school stuff, you can probably find me grocery shopping at TJs, appreciating a good ole sunset, playing volleyball, utilizing my high spice tolerance, or doing something artsy.
Catherine Cang (she/her/hers)
- Hi! I'm Catherine, and I'm a fourth year CS major from San Diego. This is my fifth (and sadly final) semester TAing for CS 61A so I'm looking forward to it and I hope y'all find this class as fun as I did! Feel free to talk to me about 61A, Computer Science, Berkeley, or life in general!
Christopher Wang (he/him/his)
- Hi everyone! My name is Chris and I am a 2nd year from the Bay Area. My current passions include league, music, and food. Feel free to talk to me about anything!
Cooper Bedin (they/them/theirs)
- Hello hello hello! I am a third year linguistics and CS major! I love speech perception, theoretical syntax, musical theater, knitting, and RuPauls' Drag Race. Feel free to reach out to me about absolutely anything (I love getting emails it makes me feel popular)
Jamie Hong (she/her/hers)
- Learning how to code
is like writing poetry;
patient practice -> fun!
Murtaza Ali (he/him/his)
- I’m Murtaza, but you can call me Murtz. I think Scheme is beautiful, I value my beard more than my hair, and I’m obsessed with the recursive leap of faith. Come by my section the week of recursion for a special treat. If you were in my CS 10 section, no spoilers!
Patricia Ouyang (she/her/hers)
Rahul Arya (he/him/his)
- Hi, I'm a junior EECS major and work on course software!
Richard Roggenkemper (he/him/his)
- Hi! My name is Richard. I'm a third year student from Los Gatos, California. I’m a Computer Science/Data Science major. I love skiing, cooking, and anything related to food. I’m excited to be teaching this semester!
Sean O’Brien (he/him/his)
- Hi all! I'm an third-year EECS/CogSci/Applied Math major from San Carlos, CA. I hope that you come to enjoy the course as much as I have and that you meet some interesting people along the way -- looking forward to a great semester!
Vanshaj Singhania (he/him/his)
- Hello hello! I'm a sophomore majoring in Computer Science & Data Science. When I'm not studying or teaching, I'm most likely working on 61A infrastructure or starting yet another side project. Either way, there's probably music playing in the background (my monthly playlist is at imvs.me/s/sp-m)!
Yersultan Sapar (he/him/his)
- Hey! I am a third-year CS major from Kazakhstan (from where the first astronaut was launched to the space). Email me to chat about anything related to Berkeley, CS, music, classes, martial arts, piano, teaching, internships!