Academic Interns help students in tutoring sections.
Akhil Sanka (he/him/his)
- Hey! I'm a sophomore from Cupertino, CA studying Computer Science and Public Policy. I'm super excited for a hopefully great online semester. Cya on zoom :)
Albert Giang (he/him/his)
- Probably procrastinating, sleeping, or drinking boba right now. Or maybe some combination of the three. I'm a second-year CS / CogSci major from San Francisco, let me know if you wanna chat or if there's anything I can do to help out!
Alex Rao (he/him/his)
- Hi, my name is Alex. I’m a Junior studying Computer Science and Economics. I’m from Cupertino but I recently moved to Fremont. I like watching Netflix, hiking and, of course, boba. Looking forward to meeting y’all. Never hesitate to talk to me about anything.
Allen Gu (he/him/his)
- Hello! I'm a freshman in EECS currently staying at home in Illinois. In my free time, you'll probably catch me listening to music or spending time with my doggo. Super excited to meet some of you this semester!
Andrew Wang (he/him/his)
- Heyo! I'm a freshman majoring in EECS and love baking and playing games like League and Valorant. If you want to chat or have any questions (or recipes), feel free to email me!
Anish Ranga Sai Gollakota (he/him/his)
- Hi! I'm Anish, a second year Computer Science student from San Jose, CA. This will be my second semester as an Academic Intern (61B last semester). My hobbies include playing/watching basketball and football, as well as playing video games. Feel free to reach out!
Ansh Nanda (he/him/his)
Araav Patel (he/him/his)
- Hey! I’m a freshman studying CS and Statistics from the Bay Area. In my free time, I enjoy playing volleyball, watching Netflix, and playing chess (fair warning I’m not very good). I’m excited to be an AI this semester and feel free to reach out to me for anything related to 61A or just to chat!
Arav Watwani (he/him/his)
- hey! i'm arav—a computer science major from socal. i'm interested in tech, design, and teaching! i enjoy finding new music, spending time on the football pitch, and documenting my travel experiences through photography. reach out if there's any chance i can be helpful, either in 61A or in general :)
Arya Bastani (he/him/his)
- Hi! I'm a Computer Science and Physics major from So Cal. I like playing and watching tennis and basketball. Feel free to email me about anything!
Ashwin Gopalan (he/him/his)
- Hello! I'm Ashwin, a first-year EECS major! I've lived in Asia (India, Hong Kong, and then Singapore) pretty much my whole life, but was born in Washington D.C. I love to play golf, and like watching all kinds of sports. Looking forward to my first semester as an AI!
Austin Nguyen (he/him/his)
Ayah Ahmad (she/her/hers)
- Hi! I’m a first-year BioE/EECS major, who’s absolutely bananas about 61a! I love anything outdoors (mostly running, hiking, and biking) and making messes in the kitchen. Feel free to email me about 61a, recipes I can attempt, or anything on your mind. Can’t wait to meet you all! :)
Bill Hu (he/him/his)
- I'm Bill, a freshman studying EECS. I took 61A last semester and am pretty excited to be an AI for the course.
Carolyn Wang (she/her/hers)
- what's cookin good lookin'. My name's Carolyn and I'm a first year studying CS and Econ. I like painting, playing my ukulele, and I'm currently coding something like this --> koalastothemax.com but for turtles!
Christina Fan (she/her/hers)
- Hello! I'm Christina and I'm a second year CS student from Arcadia, CA. I love binging Netflix, making Spotify playlists, and photography! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions at all, or if you just want to chat! Looking forward to a great semester with y'all :)
Elaine Qian (she/her/hers)
- Hi! I’m Elaine, a first-year intended CS major from Canada. I love music, Rubik’s cubes, reading, and knitting. Looking forward to a great semester!
Eran Kohen Behar (he/him/his)
- Hi! I'm a freshman studying EECS from Istanbul. Besides cs I like photography, playing the piano, and cooking. Don't hesitate to reach out if you wanna share quarantine recipes or just to chat (or obviously if you have any 61a questions).
Estella Wong (she/her/hers)
- hihi! My name is Estella, and I'm a first year intending to major in computer science. In addition to CS61A, I love bullet journalling, (binge) watching kdramas, listening to music, and going on runs/walks to watch the sunset. Feel free to email with any questions or if you just want to talk :)
Eve Lin (she/her/hers)
Haodi Zou (she/her/hers)
- Hi! My name is Haodi Zou, and I’m a sophomore majoring in CS. In my free time, I love photography, cooking, and traveling. Feel free to talk to me about anything, and hope you’ll have a fun experience learning CS61A!
Irene Yang (she/her/hers)
- Hi everyone! I'm Irene, and I'm a first year EECS major from San Ramon, CA. I love Studio Ghibli films, reading, and stickers of all kinds. I'm excited to meet you; feel free to email me about 61A or whatever else you'd like to talk about!
Ishaan Mauli Mishra (he/him/his)
- Hey! I am a sophomore CS major from Mumbai, India. Besides CS, my interests include music - I play the guitar, I'm mostly into rock, blues, and jazz, and I'm really into John Mayer - and squash. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions about CS experience at Cal (including and beyond coursework), international student experience, any personal problems, or anything you feel I can help with.
Jennifer Zhou (she/her/hers)
- Hello!! My name's Jennifer and I'm a second-year EECS student and this is my first time being part of course staff! I had my fair share of struggles that I had to overcome when I took 61A so hopefully I can be a good resource for anyone who needs it :)
Joel Jaison (he/him/his)
- Hey! My name's Joel and I'm a freshman studying computer science. I'm from San Jose, and in my free time I enjoy running, playing the piano, and watching shows. I took 61a last fall and really enjoyed it, and I hope you all will as well!
Jonathan Lu (he/him/his)
Jordan Schwartz (she/they)
- Hey! I'm Jordan, and I'm a first year from the Bay Area. In addition to teaching, I like to bullet journal, listen to records, bake, and watch Netflix. I'm super excited to be AI-ing for CS61A this semester!
Justin Zhang (he/him/his)
- Hello those who decided to read bios of academic interns. I'm Justin, a freshman studying EECS. I enjoy hockey, video games, and trading meme stocks. Hit me up if you want a way to lose your money! ( Not a financial advisor)
Kim Pham (she/her/hers)
- Hey, I'm Kim! I'm a first-year studying Bioengineering. Some of my hobbies include hiking, practicing Taekwondo, baking, and reading. I'm excited to meet you all this semester :))
Klaire Li (she/her/hers)
- Hi! I'm Klaire, a 1st year studying Computer Science. I'm into a huge variety of games from animal crossing to valorant. I just got into Odesza and I love! I loved 61a and I hope you will too! Super excited to meet you!
Laura Pei (she/her/hers)
- Hi! I'm Laura, and I'm a first year EECS major from Los Angeles. I like animating, drawing, reading, and playing Minecraft! Looking forward to meeting all of you :D
Maggie Yi (she/her/hers)
- Hi everyone! My name is Maggie and I am a second year Math/CS from Tennessee. I love fencing (also more semi-covid-safe?), cooking, biking, and playing board games. Some of my important life decisions were based on random number generators and bots. I'm really excited to help with 61A this semester, please feel free to reach out and ask me any questions (or see my cute cats)!
Masha Bondarenko (she/her/hers)
- Howdy! I'm a first-year from Dublin, CA and I'm stoked to AI this semester! Catch me outdoors in my free time taking pictures on film, eating eggs whites, or chasing after my dog. Feel free to email me; I’d love to chat! :)
Matthew Kang (he/him/his)
- Hi everyone, I'm a sophomore majoring in CS, feel free to reach out to me about anything!
Meiqi Sun (she/her/hers)
- Hi! I'm Meiqi Sun, an intended CS/Applied Math major from Beijing, China. I enjoy reading, travelling, and nearly all kinds of sports. Please reach out if you have any questions!
Mialy Rasetarinera (she/her/hers)
- hi hi! i'm mialy (pronounced like me + alley) and i'm a cs-intended freshman from san jose! while i'm not ai-ing, catch me making french recipes, reading too much manga, and (key word:) attempting to do my own box braids n' twists in quarantine. feel free to reach out for literally anything! looking forward to zoomin' with y'all :D
Riley Dyer (he/him/his)
- Hello! I'm a second year from San Diego studying computer science. I like to watch bad movies and play chess in my free time.
Rohit Tanikella (he/him/his)
- Hi I am Rohit, a second year EECS major from the Bay Area. I enjoy watching basketball and my favorite player is James Harden.
Rudy Lee (he/him/his)
Sabrina Ma (she/her/hers)
- I am on season 5 of Naruto :)
Sameen Shah (he/him/his)
- Hi everyone! I'm Sameen, a freshman studying CS & Business from New Jersey. Feel free to email me about anything, I am always willing to answer any questions or just talk. I love sports, video games, playing my guitar, exploring the wilderness, and anything involving coding. Also, LeBron is the GOAT...
Samuel Alber (he/him/his)
- Hello! You might be wondering, Sam, are you a first year majoring in physics and CS who enjoys reading, juggling, and playing/watching almost any sport? Why yes, I am.
Selena Wong (she/her/hers)
- Hi, how are you? For me, it depends on when you read this. :) I’m Selena, a first year intending to major in CS. I enjoy binging kdramas, cdramas, and, specifically, sad anime, making spotify playlists, and overthinking everything about life. Most importantly, I’m your friendly 61a AI here to help!
Shiny Weng (she/her/hers)
- hi! i'm shiny, a first-year studying cs and stats, and i like playing hide and seek with my dog! i'm really excited for this semester!! :)
Shreyas Swaminathan (he/him/his)
- 1st year intended CS and Applied Math Major. I will buy you a cookie if you send video proof of you beating my 189.05 wpm on cats project (on QWERTY keyboard).
SooHyuk Cho (he/him/his)
- Hello everyone! I'm SooHyuk, a first-year intended CS major from Seoul, South Korea. I'm a soccer lover--a big fan of Liverpool FC (#YNWA my fellow Kops)--and an FPS gamer (especially R6 Siege). Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, wanna be friends/study buddy with me, etc.
Yash Bhargava (he/him/his)
- Hey Everyone! My name is Yash, and I am from San Jose, CA. I am an intended CS + DS major and my hobbies include hiking, playing basketball, and watching the NBA (huge golden state fan). I’m looking forward to this exciting semester and cannot wait to (virtually) meet you!
Yu Xi Gui (she/her/hers)
- Hiii! I am a 2nd year CS major from Bellevue, WA. Excited to meet y'all!