We are very excited to teach you this spring! Please email course staff if you have any logistical questions or concerns. Otherwise feel free to email any of the staff members below.
Course tutors host tutorials and office hours and help with other aspects of the course such as assignment parties, Piazza support and grading.
Alina Herri (she/her/hers)
- Hey everybody! My name is Alina, and I am a Data Science/CS double major with a big interest in the brain and cognition, so hit me up if you have any neuro jokes! I love baking bread, working out, and playing guitar, and I'm always down to chat (virtually, of course!) if you have any questions!
Amit Bhat (he/him/his)
- Hi! I’m Amit (he/him), and I’m a second-year CS major from the Bay Area. In my free time, I enjoy following sports (mainly football and basketball) and binging Netflix shows. Feel free to reach out to me about 61A, sports, music (always looking for recs), or anything else!
Amritansh Saraf (he/him/his)
- Hi, I am a sophomore studying CS. I spend my free time playing the piano and watching Netflix. I love listening to Western Classical music and am addicted to Chopin's nocturnes. I am also a big John Mayer fan. I am excited to get to know y'all! Feel free to get in touch with any concerns. :)
Andrew McGuire (he/him/his)
- Hey! I'm a sophomore CS & linguistics major and Arianator from Boston, and I'm excited to be one of your tutors this semester! When I'm not in class you can usually find me playing video games or catching up on the latest RPDR. Feel free to reach out with any questions! (email above)
Animesh Agrawal (he/him/his)
- You don't have to walk to class this semester, so you might as well come to my section and say hello!
Ben Cuan (he/him/his)
- Hello!! I'm Ben, a second year CS/Psych major from the Bay Area. I like making pretty much everything (games, music, etc etc) even if I'm terrible at most of them ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ You're most welcome to send over an email whenever you want to talk about life, the universe, or 61A!
Catherine Gee (she/her/hers)
- (she/her) Junior studying computer science looking to become the Classic Tetris World Champion. Feel free to reach out about it (or class-related issues) anytime!
Connie Shi (she/her/hers)
- Hi, I'm Connie (she/her)! I'm a sophomore studying EECS from Thousand Oaks, CA! When I'm not attempting to cs, you can find me running, baking, or bullet journaling, but not all at the same time! Feel free to ask me anything and really looking forward to zooming with y'all :)
Cyrus Bugwadia (he/him/his)
- Hi everyone! I'm Cyrus (he/him/his) and I'm a second-year Computer Science major and Data Science minor. Outside of the "classroom" (more like meeting room), catch me watching all things sports-related, attempting and failing to make all kinds of recipes, and answering Piazza questions.
Daphne Pan (she/her/hers)
- Hey there! I'm Daphne (she/hers). I'm a second-year CS major who's really bad at time management and also at introductions. I love cats, even though I'm allergic. I like talking about really inane topics like whether hot dogs are sandwiches, or whether cereal is a soup or not.
Eknoor Kaur (she/her/hers)
- Hi Everyone! My name is Eknoor (she/her) and I am a senior computer science major from the East Bay. CS61a was one of my favorite classes to take as a student and I hope that I can help make this class as enjoyable for you as it was for me! I look forward to a great semester! :)
Emma Yokota (she/her/hers)
- Hi! I'm Emma (she/her) and I'm a junior CS and Cognitive Science major from the Bay Area. In my free time, I love playing board games, watching movies, and messing around on guitar. Feel free to email me about anything 61A related or otherwise!
Eric Wang (he/him/his)
- Hi! I'm Eric, and I'm from the bay area. Bios are hard so just come talk to me or email me. I can't wait to meet you and get to know you. It's going to be a great semester!
George Gikas (he/him/his)
- Hello! My name is George, my pronouns are he/him and I am a junior CS student from Chicago, Illinois. In my free time, I enjoy playing video/board games and cooking. I absolutely loved taking 61A as a student, and hope that you all do as well!
Gurkaran Singh Goindi (he/him/his)
- Hey There! I'm Gurkaran and I'm a junior studying CS & Econ. Aside from teaching & CS, I'm into iOS dev, photography, and cryptos. Go ahead and email me if you have any 61A questions or just want to talk!
Han Qi (she/her/hers)
- Hello! I'm a CS and Applied Math major. My pronouns are she/her. I like cooking and bakery so don't hesitate to share with me your favorite recipes. I also love figure skating and I'm a member of the Cal Figure Skating team. Looking forward to meeting you!
John So (he/him/his)
- fun facts about me: my high score on gamepigeon word hunt is 58600, and my favorite boba shop is boba bliss! come talk to me about anything and everything :)
Joshua Baum (he/him/his)
- Hello, I'm Josh, a 3rd year CS student from Los Angeles. This is my 4th semester as a Tutor and I am also a CSM 61a Coordinator so feel free to send me any questions your have about 61a or CS in general!
Joy Chang (she/her/hers)
- Hi! I'm Joy, and I'm a second year majoring in CS. In my free time I like to go food hunt. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or just want to chat!
Kenny Chi (he/him/his)
Kevin Li (he/him/his)
- Hi there! My name's Kevin, and I'm a sophomore pre-med interested in applying computer science in a biomedical context. Outside of academics and research, I am obsessed with anything music-related (especially jazz improvisation) and the outdoors! Looking forward to another exciting semester!
Kevin Yang (he/him/his)
- Hey guys, I’m a fourth year CS and DS double major from Sacramento and this is my fourth time teaching 61A. Outside of CS I love to play volleyball, go to the gym, and rewatch the same sitcoms over and over. Excited for a great semester of 61A!
- Hello! I’m a second-year EECS student and this is my second time tutoring 0: Currently my free time is spent on naps, Tetris, and crosswords.
Marie Chorpita (she/her/hers)
- Hi everyone! My name is Marie (she/her), and I'm a second year intended CS major from Los Angeles, California. I like cooking, baking, video games, and sewing. This is my second semester as a CS 61A tutor, and I'm looking forward to meeting you!
Mathilde McKeever (she/her/hers)
- Hello! I'm Mathilde (she/her) and I'm a junior studying EECS. I'm from Albany, California and in my free time I enjoy swimming, dancing and exploring the bay - though these days I've also been baking a lot :) I love 61a and I'm thrilled to be teaching it this spring!
Matthew Guo (he/him/his)
- howdy 🤠
Matthew Lee (he/him/his)
- Hi! I'm a senior studying Data Science from Marin. I love following American politics and hope to someday work at the intersection of politics and tech. In my free time, I'm either watching ESPN or playing bluegrass fiddle and guitar. Reach out if you want to join my Fitbit step count contest.
Melanie Cooray (she/her/hers)
- Hi! I'm a third-year CS major from Sacramento, CA. I love cooking, traveling, and Survivor and I'm excited to be a tutor again for 61A this semester! My pronouns are she/her.
Melody Sifry (she/her/hers)
- Hey everyone! I'm Melody (she/her) and I'm a 3rd year from San Francisco majoring in CS and CogSci. I love painting, singing, and anything food-related! Feel free to email me if you're feeling overwhelmed, wanna chat, or want some elite Netflix recs. Looking forward to meeting you all this semester!
Michael Lu (he/him/his)
Nikhita Anumukonda (she/her/hers)
- Hi! My name is Nikhita and I am a senior studying CS and Data Science from San Ramon, CA. In my free time, I like to read, watch TV, and exploring new boba places in Berkeley. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. Looking forward to virtually *meeting* you all.
Olivia Shiah (she/her/hers)
- Hi everyone! I’m Olivia (she/her), and I’m a fourth year CS major and Art History minor from San Diego. Besides coding, I enjoy all types of crafts (but especially knitting), matcha lattes, and of course teaching. Looking forward to a great semester with you all!
Rohan D'Souza (he/him/his)
- I am a third year CS / Math major. I eat a lot of coffee and drink a lot of ramen. I genuinely love teaching CS so reach out if you have any questions
Ryan Chao (he/him/his)
Sahil Morchi (he/him/his)
- Hi! I am a second-year computer science major! I love running/staying fit and all things related to music. I’m excited to meet everyone and am looking forward to a great semester -- feel free to reach out anytime! :)
Samuel Taplin (he/him/his)
- Hi all! I'm a forth year Political Science and CS major from Arlington, VA. When not under quarantine, you can find me at Imm Thai, Berkeley City Hall or on the Glade. Feel free to talk to me about 61A, politics, the Bachelor, or anything you're passionate about!
Sean Sananikone (he/him/his)
- im sean
Sophia Xiao (she/her/hers)
- Hello! I'm Sophia (she/her), a second year applied math major. I like to swing dance, knit, and play Brawl Stars. Feel free to email me if you have questions/concerns, and I look forward to meeting y'all!
Steven Chen (he/his/him)
- Hello, I'm Steven! I'm a third-year from San Diego, and am super excited to be working with you all this semester! I like board games and Pokemon Go, so hit me up if you want to trade Pokemon. My pronouns are he/him.
Vivian Lu (she/her/hers)
- Hi! I'm Vivian and I'm a junior EECS/Bioengineering major. My pronouns are she/her. In my free time I like doing puzzles, baking, and playing board games. I'm excited to meet everyone and feel free to reach out to me!