- Time: 7pm 7/31 Friday
- Location: 306 Soda
- Object-oriented Programming
- Local State and OOP Below the Line
- Environmental Model
- Mutable List
- Metacircular Evaluator
About the Exam
- The exam is open-book, open-notes. No electronic devices allowed.
- The exam is un-timed to alleviate time pressure. But please do not study the material during the exam. I will cancel this policy if people abuse it.
- Parts of the exam will be done in groups.
Suggestions about How to Study
- Do the practice exams. If you would like to see more practice exams, you can find more in the HKN exam archive here . The actual exam will be similar to the practice exams.
- Study the homeowrk solutions and the discussion handouts
Suggestions about Programming on Exam:
These are not requirement but rather guidelines about maximizing your score on the exam. The main point is this: if your code is hard to understand, then it is easy to mis-grade.
- Write as neatly as possible. You have no time constraint.
- Use meaning variable/function names. DO NOT use x,y,z,x1,... as variable names
- All procedures we ask you to write are fairly short. If you find yourself writing 4 helper functions each of which is 5 to 6 lines, you are probably on the wrong track
- If you can't think of an appropriate short descriptive name for your procedure, put a short concise comment saying what it's suppose to do.
Your midterm 2 will cover the material from the practice midterm 3's as well as the Metacircular Evaluator questions from the practice finals. Skip all questions about Concurrency and Parallel Programming.
- Sample Midterm 3.1 / Solution
- Sample Midterm 3.2 / Solution
- Sample Midterm 3.3 / Solution
- Sample Final 1 / Solution
- Sample Final 2 / Solution
- Sample Final 3 / Solution