Project 3 Rubric
Coding Component 1 50% of final proj3 grade
Coding Component 2 25% of final proj3 grade
Coding Component 3 25% of final proj3 grade
The breakdown of points for each part is:
Correctness 1/3 (14 points)
Performance 1/6 (7 points)
Analysis 1/2 (21 points)
Written Portion: 7 points total
Graph: 14 points total
- no speedup -4
- no speedup, but plotted benchmark -3
- no axis labels -2
- no title -1
Project 3 Notes:
- All Correctness and Performance points were awarded for Coding Component 1 due to the benchmark.cpp bugs.
- If your code didn't segfault or fail the benchmark, you received full correctness points for CC2/CC3. Broken codes were handled on an individual basis.
- The performance points for CC2/CC3 were handled by dividing the space between the fastest codes and the slowest codes uniformally. In other words, the fastest codes received 7 points and the slowest 1 point. Average-speed codes received 3 or 4 points.
- Scores for the two plots in CC3 were averaged to for a composite graph score.
- Fractional point values were rounded up.
Extra Credit Grading:
- Out of 2 points
- The top groups for serial and parallel obtained 2 points. One or two other submissions that implemented advanced algorithms/new features also received a 2.
- If your group achieved > 20% speedup over the CC2 and/or CC3 codes, you received 1 point
- Codes that did not improve performance significantly did not receive extra credit