Spring 2017 CS70 at UC Berkeley
Thursday, April 6, 7-9 p.m.
- Date and Time: Thursday, April 6, 7-9 p.m.
- Locations: Dwinelle 145, Dwinelle 155, Evans 10, VLSB 2040, VLSB 2050, VLSB 2060
- 2 sheets (front and back) of hand written notes are allowed.
- Bring your Cal ID.
- No calculators are allowed.
- No lecture the day of the exam, but Professor Rao will be holding office hours during regular lecture times.
- All discussions Thursday and Friday will be converted into office hours.
The exam will focus on Notes 7 through 19. However, we will assume your familiarity with topics covered in midterm 1.
- Error Correcting Codes
- Infinity and Uncountability
- Self-Reference and Uncomputability
- Introduction to Discrete Probability
- Conditional Probability
- Two Killer Applications
- Random Variables: Distribution and Expectation
- Chebyshev's Inequality
- Some Important Distributions
The staff will be hosting three events over the weekend. During Tuesday lecture, Professor Rao will have review lecture and during Thursday lecture, Professor Rao will have office hours.
- Midterm 2 Review Session Monday, April 3, 6 - 8:30 p.m. in HP Auditorium
- Guerrilla Section Sunday, April 2, 7 - 10 p.m. in HP Auditorium
- Weekly Review Lecture Sunday, April 2, 10 - 11:30 a.m. in Soda 405