- [5/11/11] We have posted
sketches of the solutions to the
additional classification/kernel questions.
- [5/10/11] We have prepared some
on classification and kernels to help with final preparation.
- [5/08/11] Exam Week office hours posted (there will be hours for
exam review help on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday). See the
information page for times and
- [5/05/11] John's extra P5 office hours are 3 o'clock today (Thursday).
- [5/04/11] The final exam location is 1 Pimentel. See final prep page for more info on the final.
- [5/04/11] Handwritten scribbles from review session 2 have been posted.
- [5/02/11] Arjun's office hours this week are on Wednesday.
- [4/30/11] Prof. Abbeel's office hours for the remainder of the semester are Monday 5/2 7pm-8pm at 746 Sutardja Dai Hall and Tuesday 5/3 4:30-5:30pm in 730 Sutardja Dai Hall. Also happy to answer questions after review sessions. Note this means no office hours during exam week.
- [4/23/11] Practice final has been posted. We will give one percentage point of extra credit on the final for submitting your solution to the practice final by Monday May 2 at 5:29pm. We will then hand out the solutions to
the practice final (in review session, and after review session in 283
Soda), and award an additional percentage point of extra credit
for submitting your corrected version by Wednesday May 4 5:29pm. We recommend that you
first work on the practice final for a 3 hour block on your own (simulating
the actual final duration) and then afterwards discuss with other
- [4/15/11] P4 now due 4/16, 4:59pm.
- [4/15/11] P5 now due May 6, 4:59pm.
- [4/13/11] Preliminary version of final prep page is up.
- [4/12/11] Contest results and replays for the first nightly tournament run have been posted!
- [4/11/11] P5: Classification project has been posted!
- [4/11/11] GSI office hours have been changed for this week only, check the information page for this week's times.
- [4/6/11] We made a clarification to problem 1c of W4. The updated homework is posted.
- [4/4/11] The contest has been posted!
- [4/4/11] Correction: P4 is due Friday, 4/15
- [4/4/11] Arjun's office hours on Monday April 4 are canceled.
- [4/3/11] P4: Ghostbusters has been posted! Due Thursday, 4/14.
- [3/28/11] W4: Bayes' Nets and HMMs has been posted! Due Monday, 4/11.
- [3/17/11] Midterm stats have been posted.
- [3/17/11] Regrade policy has been added into the course information page.
- [3/10/11] Professor Abbeel's office hours on Monday March 14 are canceled. He'll be available for questions after the midterm review session.
- [3/3/11] The midterm preparation page is up. It contains midterm logistics, midterm review session specifics, past exams, and specifics on
the material to be covered. To encourage and
reward midterm preparation, we have posted a practice midterm, and
we will give one percentage point of extra credit for submitting your solution to
the practice midterm by Friday 3/11 at 5:29pm. (We will collect the practice
midterm together with W3 in 283 Soda.) We will then hand out the solutions to
the practice midterm, and award an additional percentage point of extra credit
for submitting your corrected version by Monday 5:29pm (when we will
also collect your corrected copies of W3). We recommend that you
first work on the practice midterm for a 3 hour block on your own (simulating
the actual midterm duration) and then afterwards discuss with other
- [3/3/11] On Monday 3/14 we will hold a midterm review session during the usual lecture time. Afterwards, we will also be available for questions about material and past midterms.
- [3/3/11] W3: Probability is up! The printed copies handed out in lecture had two minor typos. The due date is 3/11/11 at 5:29pm and the title should have been probability.
- [3/1/11] Grades for p2 have been entered in glookup.
- [3/1/11] Professor Abbeel's office hours are canceled today/Tuesday 3/1.
- [2/27/11] For the week of Feb 28 to Mar 1, the office hours will be different and held mainly for P3. See the course information page for this week's times.
- [2/23/11] Partial credit recovery policy has been updated. See assignments for the updated policy.
- [2/23/11] We have not yet covered Q-learning; hence we are scrapping 3(h) and 3(i) from #w2. Please make sure you work through them when preparing for midterm and final though!
- [2/22/11] P3:
Reinforcement Learning has been posted! Due Monday 3/7.
- [2/18/11] W2: Minimax, Expectimax, MDPs has been posted! Due Monday, 2/28.
- [2/16/11] Midterm place and time have been finalized: it will be Tuesday March 15, 5-8pm in 155 Dwinelle.
- [2/15/11] See Piazzza for note on partial credit recovery for W1.
- [2/14/11] Minor clarification regarding office hours this week: Professor Abbeel will have office hours as usual. The GSI office hours are covered by the P2 GSI.
- [2/13/11] For the week of Feb 14 to Feb 18, all GSI office hours will be held by the P2 GSI (Lubomir Bourdev), and will be at different times than the regularly scheduled office hours. See the course information page for this week's times.
- [2/10/11] Exceptionally Prof. Abbeel will have additional office hours on Friday February 11 from 11am-noon in 511 Soda.
- [2/08/11] P2: Multi-agent Pacman has been posted! Due Fri 2/18. Start early! Start today! Start yesterday!
- [2/01/11] Webcasts of lectures (starting lecture 2) are available in the lectures schedule. If the format is not compatible with your computer, let us know and we can ask the department if they are able to convert and host them in other formats.
- [2/01/11] W1: Search is up, due 2/14.
- [1/31/11] NOTE: For the week of Jan 31 to Feb 4, all office hours will be held by the P1 GSI (Jon Barron), and will be at different times than the regularly scheduled office hours. See the course information page for this week's times.
- [1/25/11] Class account forms: if you don't have a class account form yet, you can pick one up during this week's special drop-in lab times (see below) or after lecture on Wednesday.
- [1/25/11] Deadline update: P0 is due at 4:59pm on Friday 1/28. P1 is due at 4:59pm on Friday 2/4.
- [1/24/11] P1: Search has been posted! Due Thu 2/3, but start early!
- [1/22/11] Python tutorial drop-in lab times: W 1/26 3-5pm in Soda 271. You can arrive and leave as you like; the tutorial should only take an hour or two at most. You must complete the tutorial, but you may complete it at home if you choose.
- [1/21/11] Self-diagnostic solutions are up.
- [1/18/11] P0: The Python tutorial is posted. It is due Thursday, 1/27 at 11:59pm (it's short!).
- [1/16/11] We do not control course registration. Please contact Michael-David Sasson (msasson AT eecs) with any registration related questions. This being said, our guesstimate is that all currently waitlisted students will make it into the class eventually, though it might require a bit of patience.
- [1/15/11] We are using Piazzza this semester for communication. Be sure to sign up as soon as possible! Please see the course information page for details on how to sign up.
- [1/10/11] Self-diagnostic is up!
- [1/10/11] Regular office hours begin January 24 onwards.
- [1/10/11] The final exam slot for this class is 5/13/10, 11:30am-2:30pm. See here for for the exam schedule for all courses.
- [1/10/11] Sections will start in week 2. You are free to sit in any section with space, but have priority in your own.
- [1/10/11] Welcome to CS188! This webpage is currently under modernization for the new semester and may contain some outdated information.