|CS184 - Spring 2004
Foundations of Computer Graphics
General Info |
- A list of selected final projects is available here.
- Final exams have been graded. Please see Tolga (537 Soda) if you want to take a look at yours.
- Review session for the final is today (Wednesday 19th) at 4pm in 306 Soda.
- Siggraph 2002 Course notes on photon mapping are available here (campus access only).
- The Final exam is going to be in 306 and 310 Soda 5-8pm Friday 21st.
- A list of topics for the final is now available.
- An example final project webpage is now available.
- There will be a review session for the final exam in 306 Soda on Wednesday, May 19th.
- Important: People who want a Linux box during the demo day need to contact Tolga ASAP.
- Reminder: Final project demo sessions will be held in 306 Soda 1-4pm on Wednesday May 12th.
- Due to scheduling conflicts we have a new room and time for the CS184 final project presentations. The final project presentations will be in 306 Soda from 1pm to 4pm on Wednesday, May 12th. The final version of your webpage will be due on 11:59 pm Friday, May 14th.
- A list of final project suggestions is now available.
- Other Links page is up. There you will find some useful code and useful links to
current graphics research.
- Midterm review session tonight in 306 Soda from 6pm-8pm. Also, remember to bring your two pages of notes to the midterm with you!
- A list of topics for the midterm is now available.
- Tolga will be away from 5th till 12th of March. He will have extra
office hours on 15th 11am-1pm and on 16th 1pm-3pm in 537 Soda.
- The midterm will be on March 17th.
- IMPORTANT: None of the CS184 Staff reads the email@example.com account, which is used only for assignment submissions. Therefore, please do not email any questions to that account - they won't get answered.
- Assignment #3 has a slight change - the BSP display step should now display polygons in back to front order.
- Assignment #3 is now available in the assignments section.
- The example program and the input files for the test cases are updated! Check newsgroup for details.
- Test cases and a compiled program for as2 are available here.
- A clarification of the conventions you need to implement for as2 are available here.
- The solutions for Assignment 1 have been posted to the Assignments section. Notes on perspective transformations have been posted to the Handouts section.
- The OpenGL example code we went over in the sessions is now available on both platforms:
Unix version and Windows version
- Assignment #0 is now due 11:59pm Friday 30th! Don't worry if you don't have your picture. You can always add it later.
- Please use your real name when you register (no nicknames!). In particular make sure that it is the same as the one in the UC records.
- There is a slight change to Roger's office hours. See below.
- The class newsgroup is ucb.class.cs184. We will monitor it as much as we can,
but please feel free to answer other's questions if you already know the
answer. It's a newsgroup after all. You can always reach the TAs directly
via their emails listed below.
- Read the Syllabus carefully! You are
responsible for the policies listed in it.
- Welcome to CS 184
Latest from infobears
| Lecture: |
| M,W || 2:30-4:00pm || 306 Soda |
| Sections: |
| Th || 9:00-10:00am || 405 Soda || Tolga |
| Th ||10:00-11:00am || 405 Soda || Roger |
| Th ||11:00-12:00pm || 320 Soda || Roger |
| Th || 2:00- 3:00pm || 320 Soda || Tolga |
| Midterm: |
| Wednesday March 17th, 2:30-4pm in 306 Soda (class time)|
| Final: |
| Friday May 21st, 5-8pm in 306 and 310 Soda (Exam group 20)|
D. Hearn, M. Baker. Computer Graphics with OpenGL, 3rd Edition
Other Useful Textbooks:
J. Foley, A. van Dam, S. Feiner, J. Hughes.Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice, 2nd Edition
P. Shirley. Fundamentals of Computer Graphics
A. Watt. 3D Computer Graphics, 3r Edition
T.A.: Tolga Goktekin
Tue 1:00-2:00, 511 Soda
Fri 1:00-2:00, 511 Soda
T.A.: Roger Bock
Wed 1:00-2:00, 511 Soda
Wed 4:00-5:00, 551 Soda
Special thanks to the folks at EECS Instructional