We are very excited to teach you this summer! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any logistical questions or concerns. Otherwise feel free to email any of the staff members below.
Teaching Assistants (TAs), also known as Graduate/Undergraduate Student Instructors (GSIs), teach 30 - 40 students in lab and discussion sections every week.
- Lab 017 MW 5:30 - 7 PM (Soda 271)
- Disc 107 TTh 5:30 - 7 PM (Wheeler 200)
- Hi, I'm a third year CS major. Aside from teaching, I'm into melee, gamedev, and cello. Feel free to reach out for anything 61a or otherwise!
- Lab 011 MW 1:00 - 2:30 PM (Soda 271)
- Disc 101 TTh 1:00 - 2:30 PM (Wheeler 130)
- Hi, I'm Olivia! I like reality tv and documentaries, which are kinda the same but very different. I am interested in baking, art + design, and environmental sustainability (save the turtles). I love 61a and I am very excited to be on staff this summer! Feel free to reach out!
- Lab 014 MW 2:30 - 4:00 PM (Soda 273)
- Disc 104 TTh 2:30 - 4:00 PM (Haviland 12)
- Hello! I'm Jemmy and I'm a rising third year CS major from the Bay. My pronouns are he/him. In my spare time, I love sports, games, and browsing through r/buildapcsales. Excited to meet everyone!
- Lab 020 TTh 9:30 - 11:00 AM (Soda 273)
- Disc 110 WF 9:30 - 11:00 AM (Wheeler 220)
- Hi! I'm Michelle - a third-year Computer Science major who loves poetry, puzzles, programming, and playing the piano ... and alliterations, apparently! I love learning both human and programming languages! My pronouns are she/her. I enjoyed taking CS 61A and I hope you will too!
- Lab 016 MW 4:00 - 5:30 PM (Soda 273)
- Disc 106 TTh 4:00 - 5:30 AM (Dwinelle 215)
- Hi! My name is Richard. I'm a rising second year student from Los Gatos, California. I’m a Computer Science/Data Science major also hoping to major in Business. I love skiing, cooking, and anything related to food. I’m excited to be teaching this summer!
- Lab 012 MW 1:00 - 2:30 PM (Soda 273)
- Disc 102 TTh 1:00 - 2:30 PM (Haviland 12)
- Hey, I’m Ryan! I'm a 4th year Computer Science and Statistics double major from Fort Mill, SC and my pronouns are he/him. 61A was my first true experience programming, and I've been in love with it ever since. I also currently do theoretical neuroscience research at the Redwood Institute, feel free to reach out to me about anything!
- Lab 021 TTh 9:30 - 11:00 AM (Soda 330)
- Disc 111 WF 9:30 - 11:00 AM (Dwinelle 229)
- Hi, I'm Isabelle! I'm a rising sophomore EECS major for Maryland. I love playing tennis and cooking in my free time. I have a real passion for this class because it was basically my first exposure to computer science, so please feel free to hit me up with any questions or concerns throughout the course; I’d love to talk with you all! My pronouns are she/her.
- Disc TTh 12:30 - 2:00 PM (Online)
- Hi all! I'm an second-year EECS/CogSci major from San Carlos, CA, with he/him pronouns. I love running, playing piano, obsessing over Black Mirror and trying to find the best cheap food in Berkeley. I'm looking forward to a great semester with all of you -- reach out anytime!
- Lab 013 MW 2:30 - 4:00 PM (Soda 271)
- Disc 103 TTh 2:30 - 4:00 PM (Wheeler 130)
- Hi there, I'm Lauren! My pronouns are she/her. When I'm not spending time with y'all, I love spending time outdoors and listening to music. I am also a huge fan of Oreos (they often make an appearance at my sections). See you around!
- Lab 024 MW 4:00 - 5:30 PM (Soda 277)
- Disc 114 TTh 4:00 - 5:30 PM (Soda 310)
- Hey! I'm a 3rd year Applied Math and CS major from Edison, New Jersey. In my free time I enjoy any kind of problem solving, way too much Netflix, drawing, video games, and sleeping. Feel free to talk to me about anything! My pronouns are he/him.
Cesar Plascencia Zuniga
- Lab 019 TTh 9:30 - 11:00 AM (Soda 271)
- Disc 109 WF 9:30 - 11:00 AM (Wheeler 130)
- Howdy! My name is Cesar (pronouns: he/him/his) and I have 242 characters left to describe myself. Ummmmm, my favorite anime is Spongebob and I’m a sucker for funky basslines. I also browse Reddit wayy too much. Talk to me about memes, music, movies, and/or 61A -- that one especially! ˁ(⦿ᴥ⦿)ˀ
- Lab 018 MW 5:30 - 7 PM (Soda 273)
- Disc 108 TTh 5:30 - 7 PM (Wheeler 224) and TTh 3:30-5:00 (Online)
- Lab 023 MW 2:30 - 4:00 PM (Soda 277)
- Disc 113 TTh 2:30 - 4:00 PM (Soda 310)
- Hello, call me Derrick
- Disc TTh 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM (Online)
- Hi I’m Pavan, I’m a 5th year PhD student teaching CS61A this Summer! My thesis is on designing LIDAR sensors and hardware for self-driving cars (I love having discussions about whether Elon Musk is right). On the side I enjoy automating the task of designing chips so that one day, we'll have software that can design its own hardware, which designs its own software...
- Lab 015 MW 4:00 - 5:30 PM (Soda 271)
- Disc 105 TTh 4:00 - 5:30 PM (Dwinelle 209)
- Hello everyone! I’m Shide, a rising junior studying CS and math, and I wave a lot! 61A was my first CS/programming experience and I’ve loved it ever since, but I love teaching it even more! Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions or just want to talk! My pronouns are she, her, hers.
- Lab 022 MW 1:00 - 2:30 PM (Soda 277)
- Disc 112 TTh 1:00 - 2:30 PM (Soda 310)
- Hi! I am Chae, and I am a rising 4th-year CS major from Carlsbad, CA! In my free time, I enjoy baking, cafe hopping, and drinking boba. My pronouns are she/her. Looking forward to meeting all of you!