We are very excited to teach you this spring! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any logistical questions or concerns. Otherwise feel free to email any of the staff members below.
Course tutors are Computer Science Mentors who, in addition to teaching 3 - 5 student sections every week, help with other aspects of the course such as office hours and grading.
- Hey everyone! My name is Abhinav and I'm a third-year EECS + Business student from Houston. I'm a huge basketball fan (KD’s #1 fan), love playing the clarinet, and know where to get the best mango lassi in Berkeley. If you ever see me on campus, feel free to say hi!
Aidan Hew Yeung Tong
- Hi! My name's Aidan and I'm a sophomore studying CS. In my free time, I like watching tv shows, playing soccer, and listening to music! 61A was one of my favorite CS classes, and i hope you have a similar experience. Look forward to meeting you guys! he/him
- Hello! I'm Albert and I'm a second year CS major from Davis, CA. Outside of class, you can find me exploring the Bay Area, reading a good book, or playing super smash bros. Excited to meet you! He/Him/His
- Hi everyone! I'm a 4th year CS major teaching who's been teaching 61A for over two years. Otters hold hands when sleeping so they don't float away.
- I am sophomore Computer Science major from Seattle! I love teaching, sustainability, and the outdoors. In addition to CS61A, I'm also a part of Net Impact Berkeley and the Delta Upsilon Fraternity.
- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
- Hi, I'm Brandon! I took 61A as an incoming freshman without any CS experience and fell in love with the class so much I changed from MechE to EECS! I hope to inspire all of you with the same passion I found! When I'm not busy with schoolwork, you can find me rock climbing, skiing, or playing Smash.
- Hello! My name is Brandon Shin, and I'm a sophomore studying CS. My hobbies include trying to cook, playing League and Overwatch, and procrastinating on finding internships. As for music, I have been listening to KR&B and MapleStory piano compilations (and nothing else...)
Byeong Min Park
- Hi!! I'm Michael, and I am a second year EECS major from Irvine, CA. I enjoy playing guitar, going on trips around the Bay, and tending my cat Neptune. My pronouns are he/him. Looking forward to an exciting semester!
- (he/they) Hello! I am a linguistics and (computer science) major hailing from the great city of Denver, CO. I spend most of my spare time knitting, watching Mad Men, and doing tech for the student theater group BareStage.
- CS 61A is one of my favorite classes I've ever taken. Super excited to be a tutor this semester! Feel free to chat with me about anything. ^_^ Outside of CS, I like watching anime (specifically Demon Slayer), watching sports, and playing basketball. My pronouns are he/him.
- Hello! I'm a third year CS and physics major from Taiwan/Bay Area. In my free time I like to read, watch star trek, try out different foods, and play badminton. Pronouns are he/him. Hmu for podcast or music recs (or anything else)!
- Stop dreamin' start schemin'
- Hello! I'm Jemmy and I'm a third year CS major from the Bay. My pronouns are he/him. In my spare time, I love sports, games, and browsing through r/buildapcsales. Excited to meet everyone!
- Hi there! I'm a second year intended CS major from Fremont, CA. 61A was my first serious exposure to programming. Besides teaching, I enjoy hiking, getting boba without the boba, and pretty much anything done with friends. My pronouns are she/her. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
- Hello, I'm Josh. I'm a CS major from LA in my second year. I love photography, cars, and finding great food.
- Hi all! My name is Kaavya (she/her) and I'm super excited to be teaching 61a again! I am a third year Data Science major who is a Bay Area native and loves dogs, boba, eating Sliver, and going to the gym (when I'm not feeling lazy). I look forward to meeting y'all this semester!
- Hi, I'm Kaitlyn! I'm a 2nd year EECS major from the South Bay. In my free time, I like to scout out the best milk tea around and play Nintendo games (talk to me about the new Animal Crossing!) My pronouns are she/her/hers.
- Hey guys, I’m a third year CS and DS double major from Sacramento. Outside of CS I love to play volleyball, go to the gym, and rewatch the same sitcoms over and over. Excited for a great semester of 61A!
- Hello! I'm Krish, and I use he/him pronouns! The only thing you really need to know about me is that I'd definitely beat you in Mario Kart :^)
- Hi there, I'm Lauren! My pronouns are she/her. When I'm not spending time with y'all, I love spending time outdoors and listening to music. I am also a huge fan of Oreos (they often make an appearance at my sections). See you around!
- Hi, I'm Matthew! I'm a second year CS major from the Bay Area. I love drawing, listening to music, making games, and playing with my dog. Hope you guys enjoy 61A as much as I did!
- Heyo! My name is Matthew and I'm a junior from Marin County intending to major in CS. I used to be a fiddler in a bluegrass band and spent last summer interning at the White House. If you ever want to talk American politics or are confused about which classes to take, please reach out!
- Hi! I'm a second-year CS major from Sacramento, CA. I love cooking and traveling and I'm excited to be a tutor for 61A this semester! My pronouns are she/her.
- Hi! My name is Melvin (pronouns: he/him) and I'm a senior in EECS major! I came to Berkeley as a junior transfer from Pasadena, Los Angeles. I love teaching and I hope I can help you succeed in CS61A! Feel free to reach out to me about anything :)
- Hi! I'm Nicholas, and I'm a second year intended Computer Science Major from the San Gabriel Valley. I like playing video games (CS:GO, Overwatch) and every once in a while I'll go outside for a run (but not really though). I look forward to meeting everyone!
- Hey! My name is Nicholas, and I’m actually a freshman coming out of 61A this past fall. I’m an EECS major also considering majoring in Psychology or Linguistics, and I’m really looking forward to being able to help you guys with anything 61A- or CS-related this coming semester!
- Hi everyone! My name is Nikhita and I'm a junior studying CS and Data Science from San Ramon, CA. This is my third semester with CSM! In my free time, I like listening to music, exploring new boba places, and hanging out with friends. Looking forward to meeting you all!
- Hello! I’m a 2nd-year CS student from the best-known state in the US - Nebraska. Converse with me in anything CS or non-CS related, ranging from algorithms to professional sports to the acceptable number of hyphens in a bio. Ask me to play any non-rap song on the violin.
- Hi my name's Sean and I'm a Sophomore studying CS. I'm from San Jose and in my free time when I'm not slaving away at projects and HW I enjoy watching Youtube, playing video games, and hanging out with friends.
- Hey everyone! My name is Star, and I'm a junior studying CS and Stats. In my free time I love watching animes and recently got addicted to cats! Feel free to reach out to me for anything, anytime! Let's have a great semester and I hope you can enjoy 61A as much as I did!
- Hello, I'm Steven! I'm a sophomore from San Diego, and am super excited to be a tutor this semester! I like board games and Pokemon Go, so hit me up if you want to trade Pokemon. My pronouns are he/him.
- Hi! I'm a 2nd year CS major and I've been through 61A as a student, academic intern, and CS 370 tutor. I like to attempt to play guitar/sing, and I say I like to read though I haven't really since break ended. Anyways, I'm excited to meet you all, and I'm always open to talk and meet! (he/him)
- Hi! I am a second year Bioengineering/EECS major. I'm excited to be a tutor for CS61A this semester. When I'm not in class you can catch me working on robots for my VEX club, or at home baking and cooking. Feel free to talk to me about anything you'd like! I'm always down to grab coffee or boba.
- Hi, folks. This is Yongming Ge. You can also call me Frank. I’m currently a second year cs major. I’m a core member of RobomasterAtBerkeley, an AI robotics club. When I’m free, I enjoy reading a lot, especially philosophy, classics and modern times novels so I’m willing to discuss books!
- Hello! My name is Yulie (she/her/hers) and I am a second-year CS major. I love to read, hunt for scenic views, catch up with my friends and family, and watch movies. I took CS61A my second semester at Berkeley. It is one of my favorite classes still :) I am excited to meet you this semester!