The instructional labs on the second floor of Soda Hall are included in a larger proposal to renovate spaces in Soda Hall.
Lower Division labs (271, 273, 275, 277 Soda):
We will consider new uses such as these for the space:
* laptop stations: with access to software licenses and printers
* AV stations: a large LCD, AC & network for laptops
* group collaboration spaces, using "AV stations" with Skype
* HD projectors, cameras, audio for interaction with on-line courses
* new computers to handle VMs that some courses are already handing out
* "agile" furniture: can be rearranged for different teaching styles
* "hacker" and "maker" activities
We plan to renovate the computer labs on the 2nd floor of Soda, and
we'd like to include any ideas you have for new and innovative uses.
* Please rate these by importance for your style of teaching, or describe
any other resources that you wish we could add:
_ all seats facing the front, with a white board?
_ seats arranged in clusters?
_ tables on wheels so you could have either arrangement?
_ camera & microphone to capture lecturer at front of room
_ cameras & microphones to capture students anywhere in the room
_ overhead projector that displays the instructor's workstation or laptop
_ overhead projector that displays students' workstations or laptops
_ a few large LCD screens that display students' workstations or laptops
* Please rate these by importance for your teaching:
_ authoring tools for course WEB content (text and images)
_ authoring tools for course WEB content (videos)
_ rapid deployment of new computers or VMs during the semester
_ computers that are restricted to just you (perhaps for autograding)
_ computers that are restricted to just your class (perhaps for benchmarking)